Dine Out Vancouver 2014 Participating Restaurants Announced!
January can be a bit of a humdrum month for many people. Burnt out from the holidays, broke from the bills, and bummed out because of the lack of sun or snow. Luckily, Tourism Vancouver decided to turn January into a month dedicated to eating, events, and experiencing new restaurants at lower prices with Dine Out Vancouver 2014.
The foodie-friendly event lets you choose from hundreds of Vancouver restaurants from January 17th to February 2nd for a fixed price of either $18, $28, or $38. This gives you a great chance to go to a Vancouver restaurant that you’ve been dying to visit, but have been too cheap/lazy to try.
There are 62 different Vancouver restaurants participating with a $18 menu, including:
- The Cannibal Cafe (Sample meal: Guinness Poutine, Portobello Mushroom Burger, Ice Cream Donut)
- Las Margaritas in Kitsilano – (Sample meal: Empanadas con chorizo e Papas, Roasted vegetable enchilada, Churros con chocolate)
- Memphis Blues BBQ – (Sample meal: Tomato Tart, Combo plate of BBQ Ribs & Smoked Chicken, Pecan Pie)
- Romer’s Burger Bar – (Sample meal: Deep fried pickles, Keen-wa burger, drunken donuts)
- Click here for a full list of the other participating restaurants offering $18 menus.
There are 129 different Vancouver restaurants participating with a $28 menu, including:
- Abigail’s Party – (Sample meal: Winebar Bruschetta, Buttermilk fried chicken, Wintercrisp apple crumble)
- Campagnolo Restaurant - (Sample meal: Roasted beet salad, margherita pizza, Angelfood cake)
- Cloud 9 Revolving Restaurant – (Sample meal: spinach salad, BC Salmon fillet, Vanilla NY cheesecake)
- Edible Canada – (Sample meal: Fried BC mountain scallops, butternut squash and cheese ravioli, Bacon ice cream)
- Salt Tasting Room – (Sample meal: Carrot & Ginger soup, best of BC plate, chocolate mousse)
- Tap & Barrel – (Sample meal: Beer & cheddar soup, BC fisherman’s spaghettini, mason jar s’mores)
- Click here for a full list of the other participating restaurants offering $28 menus.
There are 63 different Vancouver restaurants participating with a $38 menu, including:
- C Restaurant – (Sample meal: Rainbow trout, Fricassee of Winter Vegetables, Panna Cotta)
- Chambar Belgian Restaurant – (Sample meal: Salade d’hiver, canard aux marrons, Chocolat Brule)
- Kobe Japanese Steak House – (Sample meal: Teppan Shrimp, Shabu Shabu soup, Hibachi Steak, Green Tea Ice Cream)
- Wildebeest – (Sample meal: Lamb Tartare, Grilled Hangar Steak, Wildebeest Cheesecake)
- Click here for a full list of the other participating restaurants offering $38 menus.
In addition, Dine Out Vancouver is also offering some great sounding events, including:
- Chef Soup Experiment: 50 chefs, 50 ingredients, one massively delicious soup. That’s the plan anyway.
- Night Circus: Once in a while something outlandish happens when a group of visionaries get inspired to create something audacious.
- East Van craft brew & culinary tour: Celebrate all things craft beer & food in this tasty tour of Vancouver’s burgeoning brewery district.
- Food-tography, a culinary photography tour: Who doesn’t love to take pictures of their food! Learn to do it like a pro!
- Street Food City: Take a midday break to sample from a collection of food trucks at Vancouver’s original Street Food Pod!
- Ultimate Raw Canvas Experience: Let your inner artiste shine through in this unique blending of food, wine, and colour.
- and many other events! (full list here)
It’s a good idea to start perusing the list of participating Dine Out Vancouver restaurants, because reservations fill up quickly! Check out the full website to start planning your January food adventure today!